According to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, in particular Article 10: “States Parties reaffirm that the right to life is inherent to the human person and shall take all necessary measures to ensure the effective enjoyment of this right by persons with disabilities (…)” it is considered fundamental to guarantee the possibility to live life, and to do so Cooss believes that it is equally fundamental to guarantee to all people the maintenance of those functions that allow them to give and restore dignity to the person.
Furthermore, in line with Article 9, “Accessibility”, of the Convention, Cooss promotes services and tools that can guarantee and encourage the development and maintenance of the highest level of participation in life.
According to these principles, COOSS has set up the INTELLICA service, which is based on the use of a web-based platform that allows for customised cognitive gym sessions.
Cognitive stimulation takes the form of an intervention strategically oriented towards the overall well-being of the person so as to increase their involvement in tasks aimed at reactivating residual skills and slowing down functional loss due to pathology, injury or natural factors.
The objective is to maintain or achieve the best possible level of psychological and social functionality
Stimulation means first of all to know the overall and specific level of functioning and to modulate the activity proposal in such a way as to promote the utilisation of still sufficiently preserved capacities.
Because any kind of proposal concerning a cognitive stimulation pathway must be adapted to the interests and socialisation abilities of the person. This is why it is important that the proposal is highly customisable and in an easy and intuitive manner. It is important that the activities foster a healthy self-esteem by promoting the maintenance of a good personal image.
Cognitive stimulation can be identified as an intervention that intervenes not only on the cognitive sphere, but also on the affective, behavioural and relational spheres, using different techniques depending on the context and the individual, stimulating an active process of change.
The INTELLICA service offers:
– Training for operators and carers who will use the platform with the ultimate beneficiaries
– Continuous and periodic supervision in the use of the platform and its multiple functions
The platform consists of 4 distinct sections:
- The cognitive gymnasium,
- The Tools for developing and maintaining the highest possible level of autonomy and self-determination, such as a picture communicator, visual diaries and an environment where video tutorials for learning skills through imitation can be inserted,
- The Customisation Section of exercises and tools,
- The Section of statistics that allows an objective analysis of the course carried out by recording all data, both process and outcome of work performance, generating graphs that help the work of carers in the development of customised projects.
The INTELLICA service is currently involved in several services and facilities:
- School and territorial educational assistance services
- Day and residential facilities for adult disability
- Youth Aggregation Centres
- Protected residences for the elderly
The INTELLICA service is headquartered in Fermo at Via Pompeiana 316/B inside the INTELLICA LAB, a place where the service team develops and tests various innovations in the field of Digital Assistive Technology. To take advantage of the INTELLICA.it service, please contact us at the contact details on the right.
LOCATION AND HOURS
INTELLICA LAB is located in Via Pompeiana 316/B – Fermo
INTELLICA LAB is open every day from 8.30 to 13.30 and from 14.30 to 17.00. On Mondays until 5.30 p.m.